Rand Sale Day - Thornes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
Great day out today, a return to normality………….fingers crossed.

Day consisted of a lovely bacon bap prior to the opening of the sales area - a good number of bargains & dare i suggest happy beekeepers. Then on to loading up pre-orders followed by a factory tour. Massive ham, egg & chip lunch, a final look around and then journey home.

A big thank you to all the staff for a great day (y)
For those who haven’t attended in the past, would suggest a visit in future years if the opportunity arises:)

70303EC2-A908-419D-8490-C5C1F9F97134.jpeg

Also had a wonderful day, tried to sell a 5am start to the missis as “a day out” but she was having no of it.
Picked up my pre order well organised. Then into the queue for thirds. First time at a sale day, was surprised at the quality of thirds. Nothing unrepairable, odd knot fallen out. Bargain at £5 a super. £7 a brood.
Been building boxes all day, sorted for next year.
But probably not 😂

Also had a wonderful day, tried to sell a 5am start to the missis as “a day out” but she was having no of it.
Picked up my pre order well organised. Then into the queue for thirds. First time at a sale day, was surprised at the quality of thirds. Nothing unrepairable, odd knot fallen out. Bargain at £5 a super. £7 a brood.
Been building boxes all day, sorted for next year.
But probably not 😂

Dang... I had a free pass to do what I wanted for today as well, if I'd been paying attention I could have got away with a trip there.

Dang... I had a free pass to do what I wanted for today as well, if I'd been paying attention I could have got away with a trip there.
A trip to Lincolnshire would make thirds a little expensive Will 😀. Better to pop up to Sandown Park in a couple of weeks and pick up some seconds 😊

I'm booked in for all three days.

Looks like I'll only get part of Thursday solo or Friday with the girls... How child friendly is it?

Any of you guys going? I am considering a trip if I can get permission.
Not me in person………….but there may be some exhibits from the girls being shipped in :whistle:

Latest posts

Back