14x12
Number of Hives
Anybody had any rain in the last 24 hours. It missed us entirely 🥲

rolande 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
LOTS overnight but everything was bone dry again by 11.30am.

The Poot 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Quite a lot overnight with thunder. Off and on throughout a very dull humid day. More due overnight tonight, again with thunder....

E&MBees 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Yes, lots. A very noisy thunderstorm with torrential rain. My lavender hedge which was covered in bees yesterday is now flattened 😞.

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
40 plus 25 that I maintain for clients.
We had 3 hours of thunder overnight with some rain but been dry apart from a small shower this afternoon. I was hoping for a bit more overnight to give the flow a boost!

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Lots of thunder and lightening between 2.00am and 3.30am - very heavy rain but it had largely dried up by this morning. Garden has benefitted from it ... was weeding today and the rain has really softened the soil. Hoping it will prolong the nectar flow although we have rainfall forecast for tomorrow again. Possible thunderstorms again.

Loxley 

New Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Just a bit of drizzle here, not enough to do any good. The forecast is saying Tuesday and Wednesday should see some though so fingers crossed!

gmonag 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
6 Rose Hives
My offspring and grand-offspring are camping at "Latitude" ATM (Southwold, Suffolk). It is forecast to be severe-thunderstorm-central tonight and tommorow. :(

Amari 

Drone Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
My offspring and grand-offspring are camping at "Latitude" ATM (Southwold, Suffolk). It is forecast to be severe-thunderstorm-central tonight and tommorow. :(
Ditto mine camping at Waxham, further north up the coast.

No rain here in mid-Suffolk so far. Actually the BBC forecast for Southwold on the Suffolk coast, only 45 miles from here, shows max chance of rain at any one hour is 32% whereas the forecast here is max 70% chance for several hours. Thus our respective offspring may escape the worst.....
I'm hoping there'll be enough rain to enhance the heather at Dunwich Heath just south of Southwold - I took a second hive there today. The bell heather continues in glorious colour but the ling is still in bud.

Our West Suffolk BKA bee safari, due tomorrow, has been postponed a week...

Last edited:

Angry_Mob 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
No rain since the 13th here, some forcast for tomorrow afternoon though.

Apiarisnt 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Having spent Friday diligently putting things away or under cover, digging out tarps for the woodpiles and generally preparing for downpours of biblical proportions, yesterday I had to put the sprinklers back on for some of the borders and beds.

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Rained quite heavily here overnight and drizzle this morning ... looks like it's going to be on and off showers all day, hopefully it will keep the nectar flowing a bit longer ...

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Rained quite heavily here overnight and drizzle this morning ... looks like it's going to be on and off showers all day, hopefully it will keep the nectar flowing a bit longer ...
Hillside across the valley is purple with rosebay and the balsam is everywhere. Expecting some next week now

Amari 

Drone Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Just returned from a neighbour's 'Drinks' in a large gazebo. Torential rain for an hour - heaviest since we moved to this village 20 years ago. Difficult to make party conversation, such was the noise..... Glad to be back home - I'm not a party animal....

Latest posts