Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/costingtheearth.shtml

"But now the EU has proposed that several pesticides be banned and so this week’s Costing The Earth investigates how crop yields and food prices could be affected should a ban be implemented.
Could yields be maintained without a full arsenal of chemicals up the sleeves if farmers? Join Tom Heap to find out"
-probably worth a listen, but I am suspicious of the timing - particularly following a spate of "pro GM" broadcasts by the BBC just before christmas.......
The EU are to ban several deeply noxious toxic chemicals (without which proper farmers can easily cope), but the agrochemical industry, and their lapdogs DEFRA and the NFU are weaselling that it will be "the end of certain crops", and propagating lies such as it's impossible to grow carrots without chemical inputs.........

Last edited:

artibaton 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
i agree brosville the beeb seem to be swallowing the Save Our Sprays campaign hook line and sinker.. but hey if you can get an exciting headline out why let the truth get in the way.:svengo:

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
moderately balanced, but what hope is there for mankind? - on one hand we have a scientist gently explaining that it is incredibly complex to try to ascertain the "cocktail effect" of 2 chemicals, virtually impossible to assess three, the fact that often half a dozen are mixed and sprayed.......... and on the other side we have the completely lobotomised Hilary Benn bleating "they're safe, fully tested,......." - come the revolution, I have a lamppost in view for that one!:)

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I think Brossville that "come the revolution" it will be you wrapped around a lampost as Mr Benn has a 2.1 from sussex uni in "Russian and east european studies";)

Chris B 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
I think Brossville that "come the revolution" it will be you wrapped around a lampost as Mr Benn has a 2.1 from sussex uni in "Russian and east european studies";)
And don't forget, blokes with girls names are always real hardcases.

artibaton 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
remember shirley crabtree...or big daddy as we all knew and loved him... and the boy named Sue;)

but hilary benn is talking absolute carp. yet another minister with 0 knowledge of his brief....ho hum

Last edited:

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
not a leftie bedwetter revolution.......a green revolution...........:)

Latest posts