Rac

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brosville

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
A tale of our times...........
I remember the RAC with fondness - the smartly turned out uniformed staff with their motorbikes and sidecars. They'd sit at road junctions, waiting for "call outs" - if they saw an RAC badge on your car, they'd salute smartly - if they didn't, you knew there was a speed trap up the road...... A lean, mean organisation, run of, by and for it's members, that wasn't frightened to put it's members' interests above all else (even to the extent of "bending the law"). They campaigned tirelessly for motorist's interests, and were worthy of respect by it's members..........

Then it "lost it's way", and became overcome by a dose of "corporate suits" - I gave up with it a dozen or more years ago as I was fed up with being seen as a "marketing prospect", and fighting my way through all the "offers" that landed on my doorstep seemingly every morning - they are now a flabby marketing organisation taking a skim off the profits of all sorts of disparate "products", presumably to provide a sinecure for a few "corporate types"..........

Shame that!

Dont know about all that but this "Member since 1983" has just cancelled due to the ridiculous price they are now charging and the fact I had to wait 2 hours for someone to turn up and tell me I needed a tow which he couldnt give - despite the fact I reported a puncture on two tyres. Another hour waiting for tow vehicle.

Currently checking out the opposition

I've just renewed with "startrescue" - internet-based, around £25 per annum for 2 star cover!:D

Back