Question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
86 + nucs/ mini nucs
I have 5 bait hives with activities this afternoon and even at 7 o'clock tonight I noticed bees with pollen in there baskets could this be a sure sign that there will be swarms arriving over the next few days? the bees look different also to mine.

I have 5 bait hives with activities this afternoon and even at 7 o'clock tonight I noticed bees with pollen in there baskets could this be a sure sign that there will be swarms arriving over the next few days? the bees look different also to mine.
With pollen in their baskets going into your bait hives ? The answer to that is no ... Scouts don't normally collect pollen as well as scouting ,,.. they would have the pollen collectors union on their backs in no time.

Surely you know the answer to this
If not look inside

With pollen in their baskets going into your bait hives ? The answer to that is no ... Scouts don't normally collect pollen as well as scouting ,,.. they would have the pollen collectors union on their backs in no time.
Robbing

This the season.
I’ve caught two in the same place
Took one lot down replaced the bait hive and another swarm were there the following day

Swarmy bees produce swarmy bees!
all bees are geared to swarm, how do you know whether the ones you catch are 'swarmy' unless you know the colony's history? I've always found that statement to be a wee bit ridiculous

Latest posts

Back