Question for local assoc members only please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. But committee decided to change next year and will not be circulating details to all members.
Lancashire

All committee members have access but not normal BKA members

we also have a check box on the application form and it includes data referal of a members information to the Seasonal bee inspector of their details

Yes, yearbook contains all member names and addresses for Glos BKA (but no phone numbers or email addresses, which would be much more useful).

I think its no for Sheffield Bka and Chester and District BKa - At least that is I have not seen list for either.

Yes. But committee decided to change next year and will not be circulating details to all members.
Lancashire

No yearbook then ?
Enough old ones around so details are at large :)
Money saving exercise perhaps ? or maybe short of an editor ?
VM

Yes, but on the list are only those who have agreed to it. We jump through hoops to get permission individually for the list circulated.

Hi all.
Do you, as a full member, have access to members details. Only talking about names and contact details, maybe home addresses, not apiary/colony details.

Please, just a yes or no AND Association name please.

Council meeting on Monday and this has been raised, hoping for help from this lovely forum, thanks, Di:.)

Yes, Somerset BKA Year Book.

My association which is part of Hampshire BKA
Only committee members are sent all the members names and addresses and contact numbers.

HBA Yearbook only contains the details of each associations committee members who willing submitted it them along with some other information such as HBA committee members and SBI for our area.

Yes for Sutton Coldfield and North Birmingham BKA, in the Year book.

My association which is part of Hampshire BKA
Only committee members are sent all the members names and addresses and contact numbers.

HBA Yearbook only contains the details of each associations committee members who willing submitted it them along with some other information such as HBA committee members and SBI for our area.

Different local association, same county. Only contact details given to members are those of committee members who are post-holders or who are swarm collectors.

Worcestershire BKA yearbook has names and addresses of all.
Local BKA now sends out emails by 'bcc'

We have just dealt with the business of freely giving out member details at recent committee meetings by looking into relevant sections of the Data Protection Act (membership list distributed to committee as a file and previously to members as a paper copy).
This year NO list was given to members until the membership form is updated prior to 2013 renewals. We found ourselves in the situation where the then acting RBI was asking the then SBI (member of our association and then also a committee member) for a copy of the membership list so he could add the non-signees to Beebase. The answer was correctly a no. However if members want to meet other locals etc something can be put simply in the newsletter.

The new membership form will opt the membership into a circulation list for members, to Beebase and something else that escapes me at this unearthly hour.

Another nearby association refuses a list as they are convinced it provides a cheap route for hive thieves. We find that only c10% of our members give their apiary whereabouts on membership forms (which is understandable perhaps but renders the role of our spray co-ordinator a bit pointless).

And emails are always bcc except the committee.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back