Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

robmort 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
50 days for eggs is so long that I'd wish to do something long before to avoid the colony dwindling to nothing.

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
50 days for eggs is so long that I'd wish to do something long before to avoid the colony dwindling to nothing.
I just checked my records to see how long a split I did last year took from splitting to seeing capped brood - it was a total of 57 days. I did add an extra frame of BIAS as I started to panic a little with the weather having been less than favourable. Its hard to be that patient sometimes.

robmort 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
You have the patience of Job!
Unless you have nothing better to do with the colony, surely there's a better solution.

hemo 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6-10
VQ mating will vary I have had some start to lay with 14 days others have been what seems like an eon, if these colonies have plenty of bees then adding donated sealed brood donated can maintain them numbers wise.

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
You have the patience of Job!
Unless you have nothing better to do with the colony, surely there's a better solution.
There are nearly always alternative solutions. For me bees are a pleasurable hobby, I don't mind too much if they take their own time to do things.

Latest posts