Queencell?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1971

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all, just got back from my out apiary and while i was there i found what looks like a queencell, is this correct? Before i hit the books just woundered due to me only starting beekeeper at the end of last year what should i do?

that is a queen cell a good looking one

Thx Veg, just looked at some of the other threads about q'cells, it's on the face of a frame so probably going to supersede. Don't know whether to just leave alone or A/S.

I have one hive doing the same and will leave them to it.

Thx Veg, just looked at some of the other threads about q'cells, it's on the face of a frame so probably going to supersede. Don't know whether to just leave alone or A/S.

Just because it is on the face of the comb doesn't mean it is necessarily a supercedure cell.

I find the bees make queen cells wherever there is an imperfection in the comb which is conducive to constructing a downward pointing cell.

Are you sure there is only one queen cell?

I would take that as more of a sign of supercedure, rather than the location on the comb

thedaidai

Yes only one sealed cell, I think I'll leave them to it and monitor.

Looks like it wont be long before it hatches as they have started to thin the end down.

Looks like it wont be long before it hatches as they have started to thin the end down.

Are there pictures anywhere of the daily progression of a queen cell?

Latest posts

Back