queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOBY-3652

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Been and inspected hives today, one hive had eggs in cups on the bottom of frames,this was a swarm that i collected 3rd of august last year. i looked on the 6th of august and there was eggs.on the 14 of april this year there was about 3 frames of bees and 3 or 400 eggs and grubs. the bees are now on 10 frames and brood between 4 and 5 frames....im planning to go and check on thursday and iff there is grubs in cells, could i put the old queen in a nuc with some bees and move it home {over 5 miles} then leave 1 cell to hatch in old box. or should i do a AS and leave old queen on old site... WHAT WOULD OTHER PEOPLE DO IN THIS SITUATION, bearing im mind i dont know how old this queen is. thanks

By just moving the queen won't necessarily stop the swarming instinct and they may go with the first virgin. Better to shake old queen and bees into new bb with foundation and make nuc up with queen cell and brood. As per a normal as.

thanks every one for the advice, it will take time to digest it all

Latest posts

Back