• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Queen wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom8400

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Looking for a queen if anyone has a spare that's due to lose her head, have a queenless hive but a bit late to put a expensive one in

Thanks

Can I ask why you think it’s too late to put an expensive one in?
I’ve just done that very thing
By the way good queens aren’t expensive. They pay you back very well

Looking for a queen if anyone has a spare that's due to lose her head, have a queenless hive but a bit late to put a expensive one in

Thanks

I'll have one in about two weeks .. she hasn't laid an egg since the beginning of July although the bees don't seem to mind ! I've got an 'expensive' queen coming ... £32 ... breaks my heart to spend all that .. 6 jars of honey .. she'll probably pay me back with 50 jars at least next season :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Penny wise ...

Because the wasps are giving the hive a beating and it's been queenless for a while they failed to get a mated queen from the frame of eggs I added so I figured it's probably a bit late to splash out on a good one or am I wrong?

so I figured it's probably a bit late to splash out on a good one or am I wrong?

If there is no queen in there then the sooner you get one the better.
Or do you mean late because it's ages since they had a queen and all the bees are aged...in which case if you have other hives just shake them out

oooops...just noticed you have only this one hive
Best get your skates on and buy one

Because the wasps are giving the hive a beating and it's been queenless for a while they failed to get a mated queen from the frame of eggs I added so I figured it's probably a bit late to splash out on a good one or am I wrong?

You sure there isnt a virgin running around?

When did you add the frame of eggs?

Latest posts

Back