• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Queen(s) for sale - maybe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Ok, I spent 2 weeks looking through 2 of my hives for queens and no sign, thymol was on but they reacted like they were queenless - ordered queens and then one last check today on both and can you believe it!!!

I found them both!!!

gggrrr

Ok, currently there is chance at the end of this weekend I will have a couple of mated ladies available.....mixed race etc etc

PM me if there is an interested.

Cheers

Jez

Ok, I spent 2 weeks looking through 2 of my hives for queens and no sign, thymol was on but they reacted like they were queenless - ordered queens and then one last check today on both and can you believe it!!!

I found them both!!!

gggrrr

Ok, currently there is chance at the end of this weekend I will have a couple of mated ladies available.....mixed race etc etc

PM me if there is an interested.

Cheers

Jez
Thymol has the effect of stopping brood developing, eggs are laid but do not develop into larvae ! maybe the strong scent overpowers the pheromone that normally signals attention required by the nurse bees ?

John Wilkinson

Thymol has the effect of stopping brood developing, eggs are laid but do not develop into larvae ! maybe the strong scent overpowers the pheromone that normally signals attention required by the nurse bees ?

John Wilkinson

Yeh, I think what threw me was the reaction of the bees too, I would have put money on one being queenless - another lesson learnt.

Latest posts

Back