Queen rearing in Brittany

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video. I will be attempting to rear a few queens next year. Only learn if you try.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing :)

nice video,

just a quick question what did you do with the 6 queen cells in the bottom of the box at the 5:20 mark, did you just knock them down?

nice video,

just a quick question what did you do with the 6 queen cells in the bottom of the box at the 5:20 mark, did you just knock them down?

Yes of course, normal swarm control methods. Whatever you use. These were far from closed, by a coule of days, and its always a risk when queen rearing. technically that reining queen could go at any time, but more often than not, when the cells are closed, or at least 1 is.

occasionally you loose 1, but if you stick to your dates and check before you stock the cell builder, your usually fine.

Good video,and you made it look simple.Iwill give that a go next spring.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you for taking the time to produce such a detailed video, too many beeks struggle in raising queens, I hope this video will encourage others to give it a go. Well done.

Thank you for taking the time to produce such a detailed video, too many beeks struggle in raising queens, I hope this video will encourage others to give it a go. Well done.

Thank you for all your kind words!! That was my sole purpose of making this video, to try and get others to have a go!
If i managed to do it, i am am sure many others can too!!
Like I have said in the video, get organised and work with the bees. They do it all, you just set it up for them.

Congratulations on the video, nice touch with the acknowledgement to MP and I particularly liked how your enthusiasm and enjoyment really came across, good work all round!

Update video Questions and Answers.

Hi All, following the interest in the video and very positive feedback I've done a second video with questions and answers. Hopefully answering questions on Youtube etc. Hope its helpful if someone is still coming to grips with the process.
Not long now before it all kicks off!!

https://youtu.be/yppRnZvn9oM

Richard

Latest posts

Back