Queen rearing course online

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I have been given a online course as a prezzy from my mum.Its based with Norfolk honey website has anyone done this ?
Any info or experience of this course please, as my mum was not really sure what to get me for Christmas and I'm pleased that she has put some thought into it.I'm just hoping that the course will be of use .
cheers all.
Wightbees

Its based with Norfolk honey website has anyone done this ?

Ah,that would be Patrick Lazlett then.

Aww someone please tell me that there is something good in this! Lie if you have too!!!
Pleasssse lol

The one alluded to previously on the forum? Stu H, where are you?

RAB

Last edited:
Lie, lie, lie.....

Ya wanna know just ask.... and in general, on average, we tell you for free...

However......................................................................................

If you want to spend dosh I will be running a beekeeping course in Easter 2011

PH

I can't tell me mum it was a load of rubbish lol ,she was very pleased with finding this .
I might learn something from it, maybe.
I have to give it ago, it's a pressent.Sort of like those socks or slippers you get that you never want to wear lol

courses

i wouldn't dismiss the value of such a course.

a summary of methods that work, followed by a commentary on practical aspects plus email/phone support is probably what a lot of people need.

perhaps we could start up a dedicated section on the forum where practical matters are discussed/mirrored and then a consensus document is posted as a sticky thread???? perhaps a nominated poster could be "assigned" to each "project" to collate the comments or google docs could be used for shared compilation/editing???

eg the recent how to use an apidea mini-nuc thread.

i know it's a bit like the online course thingy but could become part of it.

This course does not start to April, but once it's running i will let you all know how it's going. :)

I can't tell me mum it was a load of rubbish lol ,she was very pleased with finding this .
I might learn something from it, maybe.
I have to give it ago, it's a pressent.Sort of like those socks or slippers you get that you never want to wear lol

You will learn something from it. His information may be excellent. Or it may not, in which case you will have a block of knowledge which can act as a foundation for further learning, and which will give you something to compare other sources with. Either way, enjoy it. :)

Why so negative, if someone has not done this before are you saying there is nothing in the DVD that would inform a new beek and at least allow him to ask intelligent questions so that could be answered in here?

Not everyone knows it all and some us would like to learn, not get put down.

I must be losing the plot here.

What DVD?

As for negative. I read about an "online queen rearing course"

This is a freebie. If I teach queen rearing I do it hands on.

Now there is a wee difference there.

PH

Ph the course i have been given is not free, it cost my mum money.

"This is a freebie. If I teach queen rearing I do it hands on."

I thought that would be mis read...

try this version:

This is a freebie: if I teach queenrearing I do it hands on.

The word freebie has no connection to your present. None. Good luck with it.

PH

Ahh i see what you mean lol

Queen rearing online....:leaving:

Premium rate number?

to be honest, if i have any questions the first place i would ask them would be here :)

well, thats one number i will not be calling.

Back