Queen raising in Kent 22nd May 2010 - In aid of Help for Heroes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfwhitewizard

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Due to the popular demand of our Queen raising days last year we are planning to run another on Saturday 22nd May, however, we would like all proceeds to donate to Help for Heroes via us (reciepts given).

If you are interested in coming along spaces will be limited to maximum of 6 and successful cells distributed 10 days after graft day. Course includes notes etc.

We would ideally like beeks to donate £45 per person, which is our normal charge for the course. We will give 100% of profits to what we consider to be a worthwhile charity, as I am ex-forces myself and have old colleagues still serving.

If you are interested please send a PM. The day will start at 9 am prompt and finish around 5 pm. cake is provided by the good wife "widders" and i make the brews!

Admin - I hope you don't mind this post.

Back from the Blues Skies of Kent

Just come back from your course today.

Very, very enjoyable, hospitality first class, and all round extremely informative and I cannot recommend high enough.

It was also so thoughtful of our hosts to arrange for an incoming swarm to liven up the session even further, just takes some beating.
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Thanks PP and Beedons - the more UK raised queens, the better ;)

Results from last weekends grafting......16 out of 26 cells accepted a good result!

See those of you came along next week to load up the Apideas.

Unfortunately to date only 1 beek has responded to the post re: grafting this weekend and we have decided due to the lack of interest it is not feasable to run a course for 1 person. Appreciated that its fairly short notice but we may work out another date in the future.

Latest posts

Back