Queen cells

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the queen cage at the top of the brood box between two frames of brood....I did that yesterday at 1pm....so I was going to remove the plastic tab tomorrow afternoon....

...will the new queen remove any queen cells the hive may have made in the interim...or will they have stopped making them since the queen cage went in??

Okay...awesome....will go through the frames again just to be sure...thanks so much!!!

Yesterday I took off the plastic tab to expose the fondant...they had built more queen cells, but only two...compared with the twenty or so I originally cut out....gave a really close look... couldn't see anything more..
Should I go in and remove the cage after a couple of days?

....they ate all the sugar water...should I give more sugar syrup?

Should I go in and remove the cage after a couple of days?

....they ate all the sugar water...should I give more sugar syrup?
I don’t bother. I take it out when I look a week later but if you’re quick at least you know she is out. Don’t disturb the frames
Syrup? Yes just a litre or so

So.....it was 8 days ago I removed the plastic tab for the bees to eat the fondant plug on the queen cage.

I just went in and removed the cage....did a hive inspection... can't see the new queen.... can't see any eggs..
Should the cells with eggs be plentiful and be obvious to me...or could I have missed both the queen and any eggs???

If there are stores, honey and pollen then she should have going
So you don't think I need to worry that I couldn't see her or the eggs yet??
I would point out that I am a terrible worrier...lol

I was thinking.....it could be that I am struggling to see the eggs...and just generally rubbish and finding the queen

Last edited:
So you don't think I need to worry that I couldn't see her or the eggs yet??
I would point out that I am a terrible worrier...lol

I was thinking.....it could be that I am struggling to see the eggs...and just generally rubbish and finding the queen
Have a look in a week for capped brood.

Hey everyone.....just a quick update....went into the hive today.....there were larvae and capped brood....and....I saw the queen....creating a wake as she moves around on the frame 😁😁😁😎😎😎

That was such a relief!!!

Thank you so much for all your help and advice 😎😁

Should the cells with eggs be plentiful and be obvious to me...or could I have missed both the queen and any eggs???

Doesn’t always work but when I forget my glasses I try take a picture with my phone so I can zoom in after to check for eggs

Attachments

• FAFC5850-44C5-4102-9D49-4EE5842B6717.jpeg
    FAFC5850-44C5-4102-9D49-4EE5842B6717.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back