Queen cell can't find Queen but looks Q+

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
HELP🙏😭 FIRST TIME AFTER 15 YEARS I CANT FIND MY Queen now normally I wouldn't panic, but after being through colony 3 times the bugger is hiding. And yes I have capped Queen cells, two In total on two separate frames, so. Having never had situation before I'm after some advice pretty please. I have upright eggs in cell and tbh hive still seem very full.
I guess I can
a knock down queen cells to buy time

Or b split colony but have only done that with queen known

Anyone got any clever options?

Split colony in 3 not sure what happened tbh but currently have 2 strong colonies and one nuc found all 3 queen's eventually 😂
Job well done by someone or something, take the small wins when you can ;) its another season in 2022 :confused:

Job well done by someone or something, take the small wins when you can ;) its another season in 2022 :confused:
Yep not quite sure what happened nuc was some q cells and brood that I put right next to original colony which I left with queen cells as well but no queen cells. Other was bulk of colony place to other side but close and with all the stores. Did similar to artificial swarm but everything had eggs so figured that if it was queen neg they would do their thing and probably was a supercedure so same again they would sort it. Nothing swarmed so all good. I had planned to reunite the nuc but as it's doing so well hoping to get it through the winter

Latest posts

Back