Queen bee size changes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Beeno. Those new queens produce workers that are not aggressive, so I'm expecting once they emerge and start to dominate the colony that I'll have a big booming hive to get me 100kg of leatherwood in January....best laid plans and all that :)
Rather you than me. Good luck.

Talking professional beeks here. God knows what most hobbyists do!
I don't know what hobbyists do - just as it's pretty obvious you don't know what 'professional' beekeepers do.
The clue may be the fact that one of the reasons bee farmers buy in mated queens from abroad is that they can requeen early in the season

I don't know what hobbyists do - just as it's pretty obvious you don't know what 'professional' beekeepers do.
The clue may be the fact that one of the reasons bee farmers buy in mated queens from abroad is that they can requeen early in the season
I am not talking about imported queens. If you overwinter queens in nucs then you can requeen in March.

Ok...Finally the much anticipated report on the cranky hive with the new queen. Sorry for taking so long but I had to wait. Drum roll.....
Italian queen still alive in hive spotted dragging her big abdomen around. Good laying pattern lots of eggs and full of worker brood. No signs of supersedure etc. Colony significantly calmer now. Hopefully this will be a colony to bring in 150kg in summer.

Ok...Finally the much anticipated report on the cranky hive with the new queen. Sorry for taking so long but I had to wait. Drum roll.....
Italian queen still alive in hive spotted dragging her big abdomen around. Good laying pattern lots of eggs and full of worker brood. No signs of supersedure etc. Colony significantly calmer now. Hopefully this will be a colony to bring in 150kg in summer.
Did you not say earlier that it was swarm season? Well, if that is the case then you are very lucky that she got to all the emergency cells! FingersX for the 150kg. Judging by all the forage you have got it should not be a problem unless she swarms.

Latest posts

Back