Queen bee by post ? Ireland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddywasadevil

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Hi there, I know this beekeeping forum
UK but does anyone know where I can buy a queen by post here in Ireland ?

Try Coolmore Bees in Cork - I believe he has some for sale

hi there. micheal macgiollacoda, pm me if you need more details. Are you in an association?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whereabouts in KK are you Freddy? Tom Prendergast from South Tipp. bees sells nucs and full colonies, his contact details are under "for sale" on southtippbees dot com - he may have queens to sell might be close enough for you to collect.

Or get in touch with Mid-Kilkenny or South Kilkenny BKA like Tdf suggests.

Otherwise, I'd say Michael Macgoillacoda, like burren suggested.

Whereabouts in KK are you Freddy? Tom Prendergast from South Tipp. bees sells nucs and full colonies, his contact details are under "for sale" on southtippbees dot com - he may have queens to sell might be close enough for you to collect.

Or get in touch with Mid-Kilkenny or South Kilkenny BKA like Tdf suggests.

Otherwise, I'd say Michael Macgoillacoda, like burren suggested.

do you have any contact details for micheal, id like to give some of his queens a try

If you can get a copy of this month's An Beachaire there is a gentleman by the name of John Somerville advertising Queen bees. His E mail should be listed - I have sent you a pm with his E mail address.
Some of the folk who post on this forum will know John and having visited John and some of his mating apiraies, I can vouch that his bees are lovely to work with - they are bees that you can confidently work without gloves if you are so inclined!

Thanks for the info guys, couldn't get sorted but already had a frame of brood taken from the neighbouring hive so hopefully they will draw down their own queen, they have had it since last sunday but it's just the weather is so bad god only knows when she may be mated

Latest posts

Back