MJBee 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
16 a mix of Commercial, National, 14 x 12, Dadant and a Warre
Not quite sure what you mean by a "Queen bank"

I currently have 4 queens in mini mating nucs (Apideas), they have all mated, eggs present, I will leave them there until the first brood is capped (8 or 9 days.) they will then either be used to re-queen or go into 5 frame nucs and kept as reserves by removing brood to stop them getting too crowded and swarming.

Hope this helps - if not more info required;)

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
As short a time as possible,but they will be fine for a couple of weeks,or even a little longer. Use cages with small mesh and a part of the cage where she can not be reached by the bee's....some queens may get damaged by the bee's,tarsi ect.

Last edited:

marcros 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
As short a time as possible,but they will be fine for a couple of weeks,or even a little longer. Use cages with small mesh and a part of the cage where she can not be reaced by the bee's....some queens may get damaged by the bee's,tarsi ect.
You have been quiet recently HM, those bees keeping you busy?

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Just a bit Mark......just waiting for someone who is arriving to pick up a few nuc's.

MJBee 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
16 a mix of Commercial, National, 14 x 12, Dadant and a Warre
Thanks for that PH - not come across that method before - still learning:biggrinjester:

birchdale 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Hurrah!!!
Thanks Polyhive. I was a little unsure how to use the Queen cage boxes. I was too cash strapped to buy the ready made frame with boxes so bought a few boxes and have adapted a frame. Crack on, crack on!

Latest posts