public liability

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I have been asked by the National Trust, (one of my new sites), if i have insurance.

I have my BDI Cert (somewhere) from the BBKA, but is there proof that we are covered for public liabilty, i understand we are covered under the membership up to 5 Mil. ?

Is there something i can provide ?

dont think i have either.
It was paid for thru the association fees, so i guess i need to chase them up.

Yep,you should have one,are the national trust jokers charging you as well,and issuing you with one of there silly licences.

:laughing-smiley-014
Not charging, but yes a weird Licence thingy was mentioned,

After being told it was ok to move my hives there, and as i always do, promptly got on with it, they have been there just 3 days, had a phone call from the gen manager tonight, mentioning that licence, and also they forgot to check with the tenants of a property they rent out whos enclosed garden is about 20 feet away from my hives, so i may be told to move them...........

Grizzly

I am am member of the BBKA via my local association, they are very promt at sending out my certificate.

But the BBKA to 6 emails and 3 phone calls to send out my card!

I got a photocopied piece of paper from the BBKA saying your membership card will be with you when we get some more, we have run out at the minute, your membership number is *********. I am STILL WAITING.

New BBKA Logo.

knobjockey.jpg

I got a photocopied piece of paper from the BBKA saying your membership card will be with you when we get some more, we have run out at the minute, your membership number is *********. I am STILL WAITING.

Yep that's what I got also! You would think they would have the kit to print the cards! :rofl:

How long ago did they say that to you ?

I am not renewing my affiliation with the BBKA at the end of this season, but I still will want 3rd party insurance next year.

Does anyone have any recomendations for policies that you use already?

I have been asked by the National Trust, (one of my new sites), if i have insurance.

I have my BDI Cert (somewhere) from the BBKA, but is there proof that we are covered for public liabilty, i understand we are covered under the membership up to 5 Mil. ?

Is there something i can provide ?

Is it not true that your PL cover is there provided you are not charging for your services? ie none commercial

Jez

I am not renewing my affiliation with the BBKA at the end of this season, but I still will want 3rd party insurance next year.

Does anyone have any recomendations for policies that you use already?

I am in the same frame of mind as you J.

A quick seach of tinternet gave this

http://www.sportscover.co.uk/insurance/beekeeping-club-insurance.html

Another thought is I have public liablity insuarce through BASC (British assocaition for Shooting and coservation) and that covers other country pursuits.

BUT, when checking into that I was informed that most normal house insurance polices cover you for PLI. So maybe just check out your home insurance first?

Latest posts

Back