Provap 220 vs Sublimox

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably about midway! I just got fed up with it when the torch broke.

Ah now I do my 100 colonies in 1 hour. I dont see much time savings with the gasvap.

What I did like was that there were no cables and no generator to carry around.

Why is the gasvap so much quicker for you?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes midway is too high, I have it on absolute minimum and you get the stream without spitting, melting torches etc. My second torch has done about 1000 applications and still fires up first time. I have tried other torches and they simply dont work.

Time savings are huge but you are doing well if you can do 100 in an hour, my apprentice took about 2 hours to do 60 with the sublimox the other day but he is a little slower but more careful than I am. Quicker in that I stick 8 grams ish in the gas vap and go for it, no cables to move around hives etc.

I think the main difference as far as most are concerned is one (Gasvap) is £30 the others are £300+ and need a gennie or battery to lug around.
If the Gasvap is getting too hot , why not have a spare to alternate between vapes or is that a simplistic remedy?
S

Best to use the gasvap with many spare caps so they cool down as you go along, I use pliars to remove hot cap, allow to cool then add OA then pick up cap with no gloves.

Best to use the gasvap with many spare caps so they cool down as you go along, I use pliars to remove hot cap, allow to cool then add OA then pick up cap with no gloves.
Will see if I can silver solder a copper tube and possibly insulated handle on the caps before I use.
S

I brought myself a pair of Weber bbq gloves, work a treat for handling caps.

Latest posts

Back