Promo Bee suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Hi I have seen these , anyone used one or have in info on them.

I seem to fall into the small size as i'm about 5ft7 5ft8 would this size be ok

Spec as follows

HONEY COLOURED SMALL size Bee Keeping Suit. It is made from 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton cloth.

The veil is of the Fencing style and can be unzipped and ‘thrown back’. It can also be completely removed so the suit can be easily washed. The 'fencing style' veil is made from stiffened black mesh / netting.

The suit has 4 pockets (1 is for the hive tool). The zips are all extra strong and made to last. The cuffs are elasticated and have thumb loops to keep the cuff in place when you are putting on your gloves. The ankles are elasticated and fitted with a zip. The waist is partially elasticated. The suit has a long zip from the crotch to the veil. Where the zips come together there is a 'velcro' flap.

The Small Size suit would fit someone from about 5ft 3in up to 5ft. 9in. tall and up to 42 inch chest. The inside leg is 33 inches. Crotch to the veil zip is 31 inches (32 to the collar). The measurement cuff to cuff – when the suit is laid flat is 68 inches. The suit chest measures 46 inches under the arms.

i have a sherriff suit for normal use and one of these for spare when the other is in the wash or going to another apiary ( hygene)

the sherriff suit is better but there is nothing wrong with mikesabrewing ebay ones, he sell via various BKA including berkshire and somerset ...it doesn't let in bees

i and 6ft 2 and thought the large would fit me, but had to exchange it for the xl, email him and ask, i think the problem measurement is crotch to collar, and i found although the large fitted arms and legs, i had a rather raised voice :smilielol5:...and with the xl ,it a lots more easy to get dressed over outside cloths than the large

so make sure that the collar to crotch measurement is ok...and be daring, go for white..its only white once,

Last edited:
Thanks muswelMetro.
So do u think i should go for a large size although it will be a bit baggy on me lol.

Thanks muswelMetro.
So do u think i should go for a large size although it will be a bit baggy on me lol.

get a tape measure and measure as i said, they do shrink, so makke sure it ok in that length, otherwise, it is very diff to get on, ask him

and with the hood, it you a folically challange wear a baseball cap..keeps the veil off face and means the bees cant sting you on the bald patch as it presses close to the hood fabric

It's surprising just how hot and uncomfortable working with bees can be :nature-smiley-016:.
Forget fashion, go for the larger size, matters little if the legs are too long , tuck them into your wellies and away you go :sifone:.

John Wilkinson

It's surprising just how hot and uncomfortable working with bees can be :nature-smiley-016:.
Forget fashion, go for the larger size, matters little if the legs are too long , tuck them into your wellies and away you go :sifone:.

John Wilkinson

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Hi Brosville

No good, no hive tool hangy thing......................

Thanks Admin
So what are peeps views on the Omlet suit ?
I like the look of the Fencing style suit ,don't know why lol
Is there any real difference in style, the omlet suit has a vent hat which i think might be good.
Help please
Regards

personally I would have nothing covering the bottom

Latest posts

Back