Problem with a supplier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi,I ordered some hive parts from Chris at Honey and bees,Yalding,Kent.I checked when I ordered that items were in stock.Ordered Weds and paid by paypal.Was told they would be dispatched that night, hadn't arrived by Sat so emailed.Got an email Sun to say had been sent and he would contact delivery company first thing Mon morning.Today I rang 6 times and left messages,but no reply.Has anyone else made purchases from this chap

Was told they would be dispatched that night, hadn't arrived by Sat

What courier company?..if its Yodel and the 48 hour, you could be waiting three weeks or more...stands for... Your Order Delivered Extremely Late.

Not sure what company he is using,but he said delivery is usually next day.

Arfermo is right - tell Paypal NOW - otherwise you will have no comeback if the items don't appear. I know we all want/need equipment now at this time of year - but it is worth asking about a supplier before you order...

Arfermo is right - tell Paypal NOW - otherwise you will have no comeback if the items don't appear. I know we all want/need equipment now at this time of year - but it is worth asking about a supplier before you order...

You don't need to jump straight away. There may yet be a good reason. After all, it is Monday today.

Sorry I leap quick, by experience. I couldn't claim because I hadn't 'done so immediately...'

Sorry I leap quick, by experience. I couldn't claim because I hadn't 'done so immediately...'

Fair enough, but if the supplier said he would chase it up on Monday, that gives him until first thing Tuesday morning for a really bloody good excuse.

From PayPal's Help Centre:
How do I open a dispute when I haven’t received my item or I’ve received an item which is not as described?
You can open a dispute in the ‘Resolution Centre’ of your PayPal account within 45 days of payment in the event that:
You don’t receive the item
You receive an item but it is significantly different than the description on eBay or on the sellers website
By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. PayPal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement

So, plenty of time to take action. Yodel aren't known for doing their job well. Chances are it'll turn up in a few days. If you really want to there's no problem opening a dispute now. It might get a response from the supplier who should, really, have kept you informed about what is going on.

It seems, to me, that he is playing for time because he hasn't bothered contacting Yodel (knowing that the item will probably turn up in a few days) or has contacted them but hasn't received a response from them.

The dispute can be closed or escalated to a claim as necessary later.

I would start by trying to find his eBay and/or Amazon ids (if any) and checking his feedback.

What courier company?..if its Yodel and the 48 hour, you could be waiting three weeks or more...stands for... Your Order Delivered Extremely Late.

They are part of DHL - drop it, hide it, and loose it :)

So, the supplier is emailing on a Sunday and you're complaining about the service?

Public holiday here yesterday - so, no deliveries...

Parcel arrived today,but wasn't my order.Rang Chris and left a message.Rang again one hour later and managed to speak to him.Seems the fault is with the delivery company and he is doing his best.I accept this, but a call back or few lines of text to keep me informed would be useful.Hopefully my hive parts will arrive Thursday.

Parcel arrived today,but wasn't my order.
Are you saying Yodel delivered the wrong parcel, or are you saying Chris packed the wrong goods?

I ordered an external hard drive from Play.com. It was delivered by Yodel. It arrived hanging out the end of the package, and was left, according to Yodel's tracking, 'in a secure porch'. Very odd, because I don't have a porch. What they really meant was it was left leaning against the back door in light rain.

I don't buy anything from Play.com any more. I don't buy from any company I know uses Yodel.

Anothernewbee. I think you only have yourself to blame. You have had 5 days to build a porch for them to leave it in.

:)

Parcel arrived at my Wife's office correctly addressed, but none of the contents were anything I had ordered.

Quick update.Incorrect parcel was collected today.Had an email from Chris to say my hive parts should arrive tomorrow.Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Back