Price of Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I charge £5.00 for 12oz at farmers' market.
You might expect to pay £3.95 ish per Lb for honey in bulk 30Lb buckets.

I have been quoted £3.40 for a half pound jar, which is there wholesale price. With a recommended retail price of £4.75, that would make it £9.50 a lb! Which i think is a bit steep, and would never sell in my shop.

Last edited:
You could pop an ad in the for sale/wanted section and also google beekeeping associations local to you to ask there.

£2-25 in 30 pound buckets around here £4-00 a pound in jars £3-00 12 oz buy as much as u like as I have said before I know of 6 people around here selling AT THAT PRICE

I have been quoted £3.40 for a half pound jar, which is there wholesale price. With a recommended retail price of £4.75, that would make it £9.50 a lb! Which i think is a bit steep, and would never sell in my shop.
Hi, I could sell some honey to you at the price of £7 per 1 kg.

I was hoping to be more local than lithuania
Well, I understand you pretty well, however, you could try some Lithuanian honey as well. It's raw, polyfloral and 100 percent natural. It could be delivered to you at no additional cost if you were interested.

We only stock local produce, I just wanted to know the going rate. There is now way i can produce enough for my shop so need a secondary supply that is local.

Have you tried Tony Manton (Brackley Bees)? He would give you a competitive price and reliable regular supply of quality local honey.

ours retails at over £5.50 for 340g. but was in minehead today and in the Exmoor producers shop and was shocked that they are retailing for less than I charge wholesale.

no wonder people make no profit.

£2-25 in 30 pound buckets around here £4-00 a pound in jars £3-00 12 oz buy as much as u like as I have said before I know of 6 people around here selling AT THAT PRICE
Spar selling "EU and non-EU" honey at £1.75/lb :-(
We only stock local produce, I just wanted to know the going rate. There is now way i can produce enough for my shop so need a secondary supply that is local.

Latest posts

Back