Poundstretcher Sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cash and carry is about £20 for 25kg sack

Which means the Poundstretcher sugar is cheaper according to my admittedly dodgy maths.

Poundstretcher 75p/KG or 34p/lb

Cash and Carry 80p/Kg or 36p/lb

82p in my local 99p store. They are getting crafty as well and price match Sainsbury's which are next door. If Sainsbury's are 99p then the shop will do it for 98p. Don't understand the national difference in sugar prices. Asda today - 99p for 1kg so they can stick it!

Buy some shares in Bookers and apparently you can get sugar at 60p per kilo. A wealthy old beek told me this at the Convention. Get somebody in your BKA to do it and set up a cooperative?

Buy some shares in Bookers and apparently you can get sugar at 60p per kilo. A wealthy old beek told me this at the Convention. Get somebody in your BKA to do it and set up a cooperative?

Interesting, how do you go about doing this and how many shares is sufficient to get this price drop?

Interesting, how do you go about doing this and how many shares is sufficient to get this price drop?

dont bother mate!!

ive just signed up at it works out at 77p per kg so poundstretcher is still cheaper. My memory is terrible and have forgot the price for a 25kg bag already. it was around £19.89

Yeah not much of a save, and I am buying 1000kg at a time which is not ideal in 1kg bags and I'm sure I'd get some strange looks at the supermarket. Bookers is bad enough.

Be careful with the shares.
The firm has a negative net asset value per share based on tangible assets.
The balance sheet is full of intangible assets, (probably goodwill) and whilst on the surface it has no debt, it does have significant "other liabilities"
This is all from a quick look at financial sites on tinternet.
For full details download the accounts.
I own, nor intend to own, any shares.

The Poundstretcher price is / was an offer. Billed as opening offer in the local 2 stores that opened about a month ago locally but last time I checked it was still on.

I bought 100kg initially but was lucky that under the loose bags they had left some still bound together in the 6's or 8's that they are delivered in!

Still had a strange look from the checkout girl who loved there checkout system that only allowed her to add a maximum of 6 each time! She had to sit there scanning a bag umpteen times and eventually undercharged me by a couple of bags!

Still best price I have found so far.

Last edited:
yeh.. i have never bought sugar from bookers.. always cheaper at supermarkets which is odd as its supposed to be a wholesaler

This was explained in a previous thread on sugar prices that Super markets lower the price as Sugar is part of the 'price comparison' basket and is therefore usually sold at a loss or at cost compared to wholesale which doesn't compete with the super markets.

You old fundamentalists your all the same:rolleyes:

Just look at the chart going from bottom left to top right (that's Good)

If you had purchased 10grands worth of shares 2 years ago you could have picked them up for 27p they are now around 74p according to my abacus that's a tidy profit of £17,000.
You can buy a lot of sugar for that.

"""I do not hold shares in this company and please do not take anything I say as financial advice as I know nothing....

Be careful with the shares.
The firm has a negative net asset value per share based on tangible assets.
The balance sheet is full of intangible assets, (probably goodwill) and whilst on the surface it has no debt, it does have significant "other liabilities"
This is all from a quick look at financial sites on tinternet.
For full details download the accounts.
I own, nor intend to own, any shares.

Latest posts

Back