Poultry Stealing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widdershins

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Bird thefts are on the up at the moment, it seems to be rife
How many of you lock your hen houses/pens up? I've just been reading about one girl who has lost loads, she has asked for it to be posted everywhere, on all poultry forums, so I thought it only fair to post it on here too.

This is what she lost
on the night of the 4th October.
" The birds were based at my home in Burton On Trent, Staffordshire. Only about 75m from the house. Please find below the list of birds that have been taken -

Trio White Orpingtons about a year 1/2 old, male is still slightly moulting on the neck area.
Quartet Cuckoo Orpingtons - Cockerel from David Pownell so quite distinctive 6 months old, hens are alot older about 1-2 years.
Trio Blue Orpingtons - POL
2 Big Lavendar orpington cockerels (Bill and Ben), one has white skin around his face looking a bit aneemic
Buff Orpington cockerel and 7 hens, nearly POL
3 White Orpington Hens, nearly POL
6 Black Cochin Chicks and 1 blue cochin all only about 8 weeks old
18 mixed youngsters including Gold Laced orp, lemon cuckoo orp, buff orp bantam.
Pair Silver Laced Polish
Pair Jubilee Orpingtons
Pair Neider Rheiners
Trio Buff Orpington Bantams
Trio Gold Laced Polish, one of the hens is frizzle
2 pairs of silver sebright
Pair Light Blue Brahma Bantams

I can't tell you how upset I am,

Rosie Page . "

ANY Information PLEASE call her. 07809 421565

CAN everyone post to as many chicken websites as possible.

Lets get a whole community looking for these birds

i lost three duck last year from the allotment,and i was also losing loads of veg as well at first i thought it was for food but the amount that was going someone was selling it . i got the police involved but townie police are no good unless you are a car driver so the caught this bloke did not know what to do with so they let him go, things went missing big style then because this guy thought he was untouchable by the law , apparently the other allotment holders got hold of him instead

Grr, that makes me SO mad!!!

If it were stealing for survival, then it MAY be forgivable - but to nick stuff that others have put hard work and time into, just to sell it on, thats a totally different kettle of fish.

I hope the other allotment keepers gave him what for!!!!!!

we give loads away from our allotment plots what ever is spare or un wanted we unload to the local temple i did say i was living in new deli in west brom and these people ask around for who is not doing so well and they will make up food boxes and hand deliver them and do what we used to do years ago these people still do, but after the police bottled about what to do this guy and his mate thought they were untouchable, the did not realize that evan the old guys up here and still swing a shovel and two quick phone calls can empty soooooooooo many people out of there houses and on to the allotments. you should of seen it the men with pitch forks and sholve but rather them than the wemen, that was realy scarry handbags flying every which way, if they missed and hit another lady it was still his guys fault becaused he moved so they had another go at him. it was great to watch, the only down side was i wanted a go at him but never got near him!!

i saw in the papers today that someone else has been striped out , it seems that chicken keeping is hip and trendy again and bee hive thiefts are up aswell, i was offerd several hives two weeks ago for £150 cash each including bees and two supers, he had 20 "available to purchase" it why my lot are locked up as for the chickens they all get locked up at night to the pen is fox proof but not two legged fox proof, as for the bee seller once i tock his photo on my phone he quickly buggered off, the police have been told but unless they caught him speeding around here they ant bothered, you can get away with anything as long as its not in a car they dont know or are too lazy to try, so deef ears i am affraid, if anyone loses 20 hives give us a call i will show you who might of nicked them

Well you could post his picture on here and then if he tries to sell to us, we can tell him what we think too!

i dont know where one would stand with the legal situation with that idae data protection and slander ect, but the main point is if you see or are offered any thing from cars to dvd,s see what the guys re action is to being photographed honest people dont mind but crooks never like evidence like pictures ect, i went to look at a car once as soon as i started to use a video camera to show my mechanic later that day this guy freaked out so i left very quickly

Latest posts

Back