Potential use of a component of bee venom in breast cancer tumour suppression

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting link. Thanks for posting.
let’s hope this small in vitro study leads to something.

Very impressive paper in a quality journal. Much more than a small in vitro study. The researchers did in vivo mice work with potentially important therapeutic outcomes that will surely be followed up on " This suggests that tumors resistant to docetaxel could be rendered sensitive by the addition of melittin "

Very impressive paper in a quality journal. Much more than a small in vitro study. The researchers did in vivo mice work with potentially important therapeutic outcomes that will surely be followed up on " This suggests that tumors resistant to docetaxel could be rendered sensitive by the addition of melittin "
It’s a long road but it’s a wonderful first step, made even better by being able to synthesise mellitin.

The facts still remain that 87% of cancer "cure" is due to cutting out of the tumour successfully. Melittin leads to cell degradation good and bad, as most of chemotherapy. Speak from experience. My doctor called me brave in the choice of treatment. Let's look on the bright side I am still here 17 years later and it is good publicity for my lovely bees, who give me great pleasure!

The facts still remain that 87% of cancer "cure" is due to cutting out of the tumour successfully. Melittin leads to cell degradation good and bad, as most of chemotherapy. Speak from experience. My doctor called me brave in the choice of treatment. Let's look on the bright side I am still here 17 years later and it is good publicity for my lovely bees, who give me great pleasure!
You can’t cut out Triple negative breast cancer.

It’s a long road but it’s a wonderful first step, made even better by being able to synthesise mellitin.
Very true. Unfortunately, because of patenting issues etc, pharma companies are unlikely to use mellitin as it is. They will likely 'improve' the molecule by changing it slightly so that they then have a unique drug that they can patent and start clinical trials on. Im sure they are looking at the molecule right now.

Latest posts

Back