Postal polystyrene jar protectors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One tip I saw was first put the jar in a plastic bag and seal it, that way if there is a breakage it won't leak and it 'may' be possible to salvage the honey if the jar is just cracked.
These days, many foodstuffs are packed in jars made of PET plastic, rather than glass jars. I never throw out these types of jars as they can be repurposed for many different kinds of uses. They are much lighter in weight than glass (lower postage costs) and they are virtually unbreakable.

not v environmentally friendly but i have sent loads of jars off in these without any breakages.
Family recycle them when they visit.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLYSTYR...807171?hash=item2ef0a47c43:g:gR0AAOxyYANTXnm3
wrap 'em in tape and bung label on the outside - no need for a cardboard box around them if sending singles

Argh! I appreciate these are effective but what an unnecessary waste.

We send loads of honey out in the post and we use no plastic or poly products. Just recycled cardboard and shredded card/paper. Works really well and we never have any breakages. We only use RM as the others do tend to smash them about a bit (obviously driver dependant).

I did a video of our postal packaging process.

Argh! I appreciate these are effective but what an unnecessary waste.

We send loads of honey out in the post and we use no plastic or poly products. Just recycled cardboard and shredded card/paper. Works really well and we never have any breakages. We only use RM as the others do tend to smash them about a bit (obviously driver dependant).

I did a video of our postal packaging process.

Excellent video, full of useful information.

Reactions: BMH

Latest posts

Back