Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
All forums have this, but some only count posts that are in "relevant" sections.

e.g. on another (non-beekeeping) forum a post in the Next Word in Your Head section would not accumulate your count as it's seen as not stricty relevant to the forum and would be a way of quickly bumping up your count.

What are your thoughts?

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Who cares what the count is- do people really try to 'bump up' their number - saddo's

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
People who are even aware as to their posting count, and try to 'bump it up' that's who- :smilielol5:
What does it matter - and those with a history of many posts may not be good bee keepers - just verbose :ack2:-

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
I raised this because I personally don't think that putting a single word into the next word in your head section should count as a post.

If the post counts are irrelevant, why are they shown?

taff.. 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
as Heather said, post count (or lack of) is absolutely no indication to the persons knowlege or ability, that is as true on a beekeeping forum as it is on a kniting and green tea forum ;)

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Many people take a degree of comfort from statistics, which may mean different things to different people. It may be used as an indicator of participation in the forum. Taken with the perceived quality of an individual's posts, they may give a glimpse into the cranial void which is much akin to a super-bee-space between the ears or an understanding of the degree of cogent discussion and assistance that has been offered over the period since registering on the forum.

It's a bit like logs on a computer. If you don't find the content useful, then don't bother with it, but equally ensure it's there for those that are able to make some useful interpretations from the information; whatever they may care to deduce from it.

The direct answer is, it is shown, because it is useful to some people.

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
Thank you.
And here's me thinking it was something to do with search engine optimisation and that one day I would appear on the front page of google.

Baggyone 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
An oddity is that when we look at the referrals for my work website more come from here than any search engine. My signature works but is completely irrelevant to beekeeping.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Baggyone, there is an old saying that goes: "If you have a fleet, don't advertise . . ." :)

Remember Pearl Harbour. :grouphug:

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
oh my god we are leaking page rank to a sausage maker now!,admin needs to go lie down.

SixFooter 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Nothing to add, but this will up my score by one.

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Seeing as my postcount is so high new members may think I am an expert at beekeeping rather than just taking s**t all the time.

I think its time I added a member account for myself.

Any ideas of a good name I could have (That's cleanish)?

Latest posts