Positive beekeeping plans

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it's a good read if you like bee books but remember that it's not all necessary right or suitable to your individual needs. I'd seriously recommend getting your hands on a copy of John Rawson's 'world of a beefarmer' which, while rather expensive for what it is will give you more of an insight into Manley's success than his own books will...

edit: I feel as if I've stood myself against the wall ready to be shot!
If that preferable to being hung drawn and quartered .. in public?

I'd seriously recommend getting your hands on a copy of John Rawson's 'world of a beefarmer' which, while rather expensive for what it is will give you more of an insight into Manley's success than his own books will...
Thanks rolande. I'll get it. Don't like to waste a recommendation.

Hard times but nice thread. My plan is 3 splits off one hive and catch a few swarms s. Better times ahead hopefully!

I am looking to double up on my five hives. On current plans I have 'future proofed' my kit for a couple of years so hopefully only need to buy a bit of foundation next year - if I am off and need more supers all the better.

My 'little hobby' is turning a bit into a sideline, I am in the process of building a 'bee room' for all my stuff and hope it is big enough for the foreseeable!

Hopefully, I will improve honey yields as I am back to full strength this year, following 2019 losses due to CBPV, as it was so easy to sell honey at the gate last year - fingers crossed. Perhaps I may be able to sell two overwintered nucs too!

Back