Pork Pie

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
We are rather fond of a good one and just for info Asda on their deli counter are selling a "Family Pork Pie" which in our humble opinion is one of best we have found.

£2-00 each for a 1lb pie.

PH

Us Islanders would love a ASDA, but they can't seem to get here :(
IW Council if you ask me :(

Ewww pork pies! Yukk, all that jellied lard in them... If only you really knew what that was, you wouldnt feed it to your worse enemy... Lips and ars&^%oles

Now, the pie shop in town, well they do a very favourable meat and potatoe pie, the steak and kidney ones aint too bad, but the pasties have gone down hill recently.

I am a pie connoisseur :eek:

There`s no lips in a pork pie merylvingien it`s just eyeholes, earholes & ar**holes.

I only like the ones with the salty jelly round the side and an egg in the middle.

:piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy::piggy:

Nowt wrong with pork pies! Love em!

Bit off topic but, I've got 8 saddlebacks off to slaughter in 6 weeks, home breed. Going to butcher one myself, make my own Sausages, Hams, bacon, Salmari's, Choritzo's. Pigs are THE most versitile animal, they only think you can't eat is the Oink! Can't wait.

:cheers2:

Nowt wrong with pork pies! Love em!

Bit off topic but, I've got 8 saddlebacks off to slaughter in 6 weeks, home breed. Going to butcher one myself, make my own Sausages, Hams, bacon, Salmari's, Choritzo's. Pigs are THE most versitile animal, they only think you can't eat is the Oink! Can't wait.

:cheers2:

Now that does sound nice just read it and fancy a bit of bacon and it will never be as good as yours Ando lol.
I personally think good farm shops is the way to get good produce.

As a butcher I resent the insinuation that all pork pies are made of snouts and arseholes. Just the cheap ones. :cool:

They still taste pretty damn good tho.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Pork Pies

drooling_homer.png

Now that does sound nice just read it and fancy a bit of bacon and it will never be as good as yours Ando lol.
I personally think good farm shops is the way to get good produce.

Yates-Greers THE pork butchers, are they still going John? If they are wish we had one down here!:)

Yates-Greers THE pork butchers, are they still going John? If they are wish we had one down here!:)

Yes Bengal street Leigh .
You don't see the open wagons carrying pigs' heads any more.

John Wilkinson

pork pies yum.

Yes Bengal street Leigh .
You don't see the open wagons carrying pigs' heads any more.

John Wilkinson

I remember watching them being herded into the abattoir (the piggery)off Railway Road, back of the Town Hall, before it became one of Big Wiggins offices. Always were the best pork pies.
regards
roadster

Ney! a'know ther a leyther .referring to Wigan as 'Big Wiggin' :party:

John Wilkinson

Asda

Us Islanders would love a ASDA, but they can't seem to get here :(
IW Council if you ask me :(

Maybe the ferry's too expensive! is it true its the most expensive per yard travelled in the world;)

Regards
TBRNoTB:driving:

Latest posts

Back