Poppy's Hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmonag

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
6 Rose Hives
Reposted from FB.
Please help us! Poppy's hive has been stolen. Someone broke into the field in Sidlesham, outside Chichester, and took the hive.
This isn't a theft of a bit of honey, this is a years work and dedication and the savings of a little girl who hasn't been told yet that they're gone.
I'm hopeful that someone saw something. The police have been notified. Please please share this post, and hope there's a chance we'll recover the hive.

Poppy.png

Reposted from FB.
Please help us! Poppy's hive has been stolen. Someone broke into the field in Sidlesham, outside Chichester, and took the hive.
This isn't a theft of a bit of honey, this is a years work and dedication and the savings of a little girl who hasn't been told yet that they're gone.
I'm hopeful that someone saw something. The police have been notified. Please please share this post, and hope there's a chance we'll recover the hive.

View attachment 25379
Bump.

I sent a txt to the number shown yesterday offering a free nuc. There a little over an hour from me so easily collected, I’ve not had a response. I’ve seen the go fund me is racking up though. Ian

I sent a txt to the number shown yesterday offering a free nuc. There a little over an hour from me so easily collected, I’ve not had a response. I’ve seen the go fund me is racking up though. Ian
That was a lovely thing to do Ian.

Thats very generous of you (y) . The 'go fund me' certainly looks to be set to make us all smile again.:):nature-smiley-013:

Really distressing about the theft, and excellent that the girl will get a replacement hive and bees.

GoFundMe is fascinating though.

Matthew 7:7 needs to be rewritten to "Ask, and it shall be given to you (as long as you can write well and can provide a cute photo)"
The go fund me site gets money from the percentage "tip" you give them which I beleave amounts to about 4% of the total donations. If you want to avoid this you can still donate but change the amount in cash to 0. (Am I a cheapskate?)

The go fund me site gets money from the percentage "tip" you give them which I beleave amounts to about 4% of the total donations. If you want to avoid this you can still donate but change the amount in cash to 0. (Am I a cheapskate?)
I think there's a minimum you can donate and part of that minimum ends up with Gofundme regardless of you putting 0 in the tip box ...

Sad about the hive thefts ... although it appears to be a fairly regular occurrence around this time every year ... easy money for some unscrupulous gits.

I think there's a minimum you can donate and part of that minimum ends up with Gofundme regardless of you putting 0 in the tip box ...

There certainly is a minimum % (2.5 I think) but if you just put 0 in the £ box the cause gets all the donated money. Well the last time I donated it did.

Hi All, My name is Lee and I'm Poppys daddy.

Thank you all for caring so much and sharing her post. Its been an incredible few days since we found the hive missing and our family has been rather overwhelmed but everyone kindness. Its incredible that people have raised such a large amount of money for Poppy to get started again and on top of that we have been offer hives and bees to help us build up the number of colonies we have.

Poppy is very passionate about helping others and really wants to offer beekeeping experiences for kids and donate honey to a local food charity that makes meals for kids during school holidays so we will look to set up a fun, safe environment to welcome other youngsters to our new secure apiary (once we have spoken to an insurance company).

@Ian123 , apologies for missing your message. The number on the post was Poppys step mums and its possible she opened your message and then received a phone call and lost where she was. The phone was incredibly busy over the last few days. I would love to have a chat with you if you are free sometime.

Kindest regards

Lee

Hi All, My name is Lee and I'm Poppys daddy.

Thank you all for caring so much and sharing her post. Its been an incredible few days since we found the hive missing and our family has been rather overwhelmed but everyone kindness. Its incredible that people have raised such a large amount of money for Poppy to get started again and on top of that we have been offer hives and bees to help us build up the number of colonies we have.

Poppy is very passionate about helping others and really wants to offer beekeeping experiences for kids and donate honey to a local food charity that makes meals for kids during school holidays so we will look to set up a fun, safe environment to welcome other youngsters to our new secure apiary (once we have spoken to an insurance company).

@Ian123 , apologies for missing your message. The number on the post was Poppys step mums and its possible she opened your message and then received a phone call and lost where she was. The phone was incredibly busy over the last few days. I would love to have a chat with you if you are free sometime.

Kindest regards

Lee
Hi I’ll message you tonight when home glad we got there in the end. Private message your number

Well done Ian.
Hope they have found somewhere safe.
As safe as any place, evidently original land owner from previous site has been rather offended by the theft, he’s found them a better spot and is going to some lengths installing phone line/cctv and fencing. Probably be safer than most of mine🤣

Thefts can occur any where despite deterrents, looks like Poppy & Lee have a very good land lord and I wish them well. Poppy will bounce back despite the set backs and looks like she is set to become a good influence to her friends as well. bee-smillie

They are spending the rest on improving security according to the article. Anyway it doesn’t matter. I don’t suppose mum and dad are wasting it.
Nice to see an UFE too.

Latest posts

Back