Poly National

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypigeon

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
were is the best place to get Poly National hives from?

There is only one manufacturer that I know of, of a standard National Brood box in poly and that is Swienty.

I am awaiting an email from them as to who is supplying them.

PH

thanks pete if you could let me know when you find out. thanks again Andy

There is only one manufacturer that I know of, of a standard National Brood box in poly and that is Swienty.

PH

Likewise Pete. I'd really like to get my hands on some standard National poly brood boxes....well, lots and lots of them actually!

A PM would be appreciated if you manage to dig anything up.....

WPC

Never mind a pm post it here so we can all see

PH

Surely it's still Wynne Jones? Swienty pointed me their way when I enquired about the deletion of nationals from their website despite them being in the 2009 catalogue. Wynne Jones were out of stock last autumn and didn't know if they were going to carry them again but they confirmed by email a couple of months ago that they were now carrying stock and I enquired at their stall at Stoneleigh and they said they had brought some there for customers who had ordered in advance.

Last edited:
Wynne quoted me this in March, posting to N. Ireland

The hive is bottom bee space and 45mm thick polystyrene.=£90.52
The carriage would be £14.00

Wynne quoted me this in March, posting to N. Ireland

The hive is bottom bee space and 45mm thick polystyrene.=£90.52
The carriage would be £14.00

Ouch cheaper to buy a poly lang and modify your frames.

I presume that that price included a floor and roof as well as brood box?

PH

Pretty sure that includes omf floor, brood box, 2 supers and roof.

I'm very happy with the one I bought from them -wanted to compare poly vs cedar especially as I'm keeping at altitude (1100 ft) and was interested benefit of increase insulation and reduced weight (saving my back!)

How does that compare with a cedar National then of the same type, floor roof, brood and 2 sups?

PH

i have worked out that 2 poly brood boxs 2 floors and 2 roofs will cost me just over £100

Back