• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Poly Langstroth with bees for sale . Notts.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janetbee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a Poly Langstroth Hive and bees for sale.
The hive was bought from Modern Beekeeping.
The hive has been painted in Dulux Weathershield Smooth Masonry paint in Woodland Pearl No1. Painting is recommended to protect the hive against UV rays. I have also painted the inside with white gloss although this is optional.
The hive consists of 4 medium sized Langstroth boxes. These are used as both supers and brood boxes.
The frames in use are plastic frames. The second box is now on the hive as the bees have now filled the first box.
The colony overwintered as a nuc. The queen is last year's. She is marked yellow and clipped.
The reason for selling the hive is that I am finding the weight of the Lanstroth boxes when they are full is too much for me to comfortably manage on my own. I also run National hives and intend to go over to all Nationals so that sharing equipment between hives is also possible.
I have been pleased with the performance of the Poly hives.
The stand is not included in the sale.
I have some photos but have not been able to upload them.

About £300.00.

Not just that. A quick look at her profile shows last activity on the forum as, err, a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back