Poly half-boxes

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

PT Wick 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I have to date on this forum and by an internet search, been unable to answer this question so will post a thread. Has anyone knowledge of a source of polystyrene National half-boxes, 460x230mm external dimensions in shallow and standard deep formats? I know where to get wooden ones.

Swarm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 30, less than 100.
There aren't any.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Do Beehaus do plastic half supers?

PT Wick 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Thanks for the replies. From the website pictures, Omlet does do a half super for the Beehaus but it does not quite look suitable for my intention. I'll find another way around.

Boston Bees 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
10-20
Sorry if this is not relevant, but obviously Maisemore do poly nuc box extensions in brood and super sizes, which must be close-ish to the size you want. Maybe not quite though.

Pembroke 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
Sorry if this is not relevant, but obviously Maisemore do poly nuc box extensions in brood and super sizes, which must be close-ish to the size you want. Maybe not quite though.
I vaguely seem to think Maisemores will make stuff in poly if you ask them and of course are willing to pay a higher price. I was interested in commercial brood boxes which they were willing to make to order.

Benji 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I vaguely seem to think Maisemores will make stuff in poly if you ask them and of course are willing to pay a higher price. I was interested in commercial brood boxes which they were willing to make to order.
Hope I’m not missing something, but maisemore supply poly hives and nucs, both national and commercial, off the shelf. I wouldn’t say they’re particularly expensive. They also make 6 frame supers and brood extensions

Latest posts