Polly Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This worries me.

"Polystyrene is a great material for beehives:
Its made from a very high density material, upto 3 times stronger than what is used for packaging."

Should that not be 6 times?

I would be happier if they quoted a density per kilo.

PH

Try this, sorry

www. paynesbeefarm. co. uk/store/Poly-Nuc-Hive-p-16786.htm

take out spaces before p before c and before u

haven't we already got a thread on this???

very similar to (but cheaper than) that being offered by william at WPF (although his comes with a travel screen plus roof).

Described as 100g/litre by Swienty. My error getting my kilos and litres mixed.

I would be very wary of anything less than that.

PH

haven't we already got a thread on this???

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8664

Little surprise the search facility has trouble. I doesn't work well with that sort of spelling.

I'll tell you what, you ignore my bad spelling and I will ignore your rudeness. My father told me that if I couldn't think of anything nice to say I should not say anything at all.

By the way, I searched the section on 'Beehive Types' and there was nothing showing, are you telling me a poly nuc is not a beehive type?

Didn't know I had to second guess and spell correctly to be part of this forum, I'll definately want to ask advice on this forum again.

Fact actually. The search function will not search for something else. I entered 'poly nuc' in it and got 500 hits. If half the discussion threads were to disappear into the ether because of the wrong heading, we would all be lost with the search function.

Going back and asking daddy for a spell checker for Christmas might be useful.

:chillpill:

RAB you are always telling people to READ THE POST. St G searched the "Beehive Types" section he did not use the "search" facility.

St G The search facility ( top of the home page ) is a very useful tool when trying to fine existing threads, don't take it to heart.

MJ,

I didn't say anything about anyone having already using the search facility either! And my post was on before any posting on behalf the of the OP on where they might or might noyt have looked.

My comment was that if things are not spelt correctly how would anyone find it in the future if they put in the correct spelling? Simple as that.

Perhaps we need a Google type translator? Google always gives you a few choices if you spell something incorrectly. In fact it's even more helpful; for some time if you put in French Military Victories it came up with ,"Do you mean French Military Defeats?"bee-smillie

Perhaps we need a Google type translator? Google always gives you a few choices if you spell something incorrectly. In fact it's even more helpful; for some time if you put in French Military Victories it came up with ,"Do you mean French Military Defeats?"bee-smillie

That's because there are so many of them.

100gms per litre is the same as 100kgs per cubic metre, nearly the same as ozs/cubic foot.
(from memory when I used to need it for work but it's a long time ago)

I've completely lost the thread here and have no idea what was mis-spelt but in fine Forum tradition I will go off on a tangent. Spell checkers are fine but the ones I have come across are no good at finding the sort of error when the wrong word is used but it is spelled correctly. For example using "Polly" instead of "Poly" would not be picked up in my spell checkers, both are acceptable words to a dumb spell checker. The closest is the grammar checker on my copy of Word, where if I write "there are many bee in my hive" prompts me by asking if I mean "many bees". "Bee" was correctly spelt but it was not the plural required.

I think that there is a lot of infantile spelling going on from a few posters that either indicates a distinct lack of any secondary education or a distinct disregard for the language as a whole.

A lack of capitals, and text speak type terminology when plain English will do just fine thank you very much.

No names and no packdrills, but it ticks me off at the lack of attention to detail. What next, food stained clothing and a faint whiff of BO. We each are as we portray ourselves and if ignorance is something that is to be cherished, then so be it.

Finman has a valid excuse, but how often have you been uncertain of the advice that he has been giving, because of the wrong usage or spelling of a word that leaves doubt in your mind. Those that know better should be doing better.

By the way, nice bit of woodwork for a first attempt to make a super.

I think that there is a lot of infantile spelling going on from a few posters that either indicates a distinct lack of any secondary education or a distinct disregard for the language as a whole.

2 distincts in the same sentence. Tut tut.

MJ,

I didn't say anything about anyone having already using the search facility either! And my post was on before any posting on behalf the of the OP on where they might or might noyt have looked.

My comment was that if things are not spelt correctly how would anyone find it in the future if they put in the correct spelling? Simple as that.

It might be that someone didn't read their post before clicking submit.

noyt?

He who casts the first stone etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back