Pollen beatle!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz lightyear

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
just to give you the heads up. Chatting to the farmer tonight, big OSR contractor, concerned about the huge amout of hive beatle present on the flower heads. Will be spraying in the next few days, so will be ringing as and when. You all might want to contact your local guys re the situation.
Take care, Buzz

Yes its that time of year again,time for a possible dose of Lambda-cyhalothrin,tank mixed with a drop of triazole.

I thought they sprayed for pollen beetle with approx 80% petal fall. A good few weeks away yet in my district.

And anyway, if they use the poison with the BBKA logo on the packet, it doesn't kill bees. Duzzit!!!! Okay ... only joking.

i agree Somerford, I would move them, trouble is, I am surrounded by the stuff. I will hopefully be getting the nod, does anyone know how long they will need keeping in? Based on the likly spray used? I will of course find out when he calls what he is using. Buzz

Buzz, shut in for up to a few days if they mix the insecticide with fungicide,and do all the spraying in one day.

Latest posts

Back