I suffer from Hay fever and dont react to badly to stings. I had 12 in one go recently and apart from really bad swelling and feeling like I had flu the next day Ok. I was stung at the weekend by a wasp. It was more painful than a bee sting but apart from iching 12 hours later no ill effects. I think a lot of the time you can become Hyper sensitive to Allergies especially if you take anti histamines. My dad is taking anti histamines 24/ 7 as he is so sensitive now to just about everything and he has Hayfever and asthma. It could be down to pesticides as he is living in Lincolnshire.The reason for this unscientific poll is that my husband seems to react badly to each sting. He used to have asthma as a child which, like hayfever can in some circumstances be a reaction to pollen.
That is why I wanted to know whether their was a possible link.
Irrc, I read in the monthly journal of a beek org whose name not dares be spoken on this forum, that the serious reactions following bee stings, such as falling blood pressure, dizziness, nausea, and unconsciousness, are all reactions to the histamine that ones own body generates, not to the venom.Apparently this drug works on ones mast cells by disrupting their function of over reacting to stimulli , this stops over production of histermine !.
Could be a coincidence?, any medicos prepared to hazard a guess??.