Poll of beehaus owners, present or future

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own or plan to own a Beehaus

• Yes I own one

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I plan to become an owner soon

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Never, not even if after the nuclear war only beehaus and cockroaches are left

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I might consider buying one in the future

Votes: 21 35.6%

• Total voters

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Without having to "come out of the closet" and name yourselves to the "shame" of owning a beehaus, just wanted to get a feel for the numbers of current owners or future owners.

Thanks

the poll is a bit leading to the negative tbh, how about an option of

'I'm quite curious about it but the huge cost of buying one means I'll probably never get one'

Yes Taff, you are right, I have just asked admin if he can add a line along those lines.

the poll is a bit leading to the negative tbh, how about an option of

'I'm quite curious about it but the huge cost of buying one means I'll probably never get one'

Agreed :)

There may be "some" among us that would not purchase one but also have nothing against them.

The option 'Never, not even if after the nuclear war only beehaus and cockroaches are left' did make me laugh though ;)

Planning to get my first hive in the spring, just one or two colonies in the back garden (reasonably large so space shouldn't be an issue).

So, as a hobbyist, the Beehaus sounds ideal except for teh price, so I'll be keeping a close eye on eBay for all those who lost their colony over the winter and decided to call it quits :)

If nothing shows, it'll probably be a National for me (14x12 maybe?).

Pete K

Pnkemp,are you going to book up on one of the Beehaus days ?
We have 3+ members of the forum who run them.

What area are you in ?

pnkemp;27072 said:
So, as a hobbyist, the Beehaus sounds ideal except for teh price, so I'll be keeping a close eye on eBay for all those who lost their colony over the winter and decided to call it quits :)

If nothing shows, it'll probably be a National for me (14x12 maybe?).

Pete K

Hi Peter

You only have to look on Fleebay for Omlet eglues and cubes, yes they do get sold, but for virtualy the same price as you can buy them new, OR even somthimes MORE than they are new!!!

So I would not hold my breath that the beehaus on ebay will be much cheaper.

James,

I, too, had to initially smile at the 'cockroaches and beehaus' option, but when one actually reads it properly, one must wonder whether you would be suffering a little from radiation sickness - if you were to get one just to keep cockroaches in it. Or are you suggesting that could be a good use for it?

Regards, RAB

Pnkemp,are you going to book up on one of the Beehaus days ?
We have 3+ members of the forum who run them.

What area are you in ?

Yup, I'm off to Somerford's Intro next week. I'm in the cheltenham /Gloucestershire area, so it's relatively close.

If the taster goes well then I'll look to get a more detailed course signed up, so that come the spring I'll know a bit more.

And I know a cheap Beehaus on eBay may be optimistic, but if it appears I'll snap it up. If it doesn't then Nationals it is.

Pete

James,

I, too, had to initially smile at the 'cockroaches and beehaus' option,

Glad you liked it Oliver.

One of the features is the beehaus being radiation proof. So my bee in one half and me in the other...world domination after the bomb.

Where's the "when Big Agrochem PLC has killed all the bees" option?

Options are more than a little skewed:(. ergo -I can't vote!!

John Wilkinson

What would then would your voting option read john?

PS Polls are always skewed (even the elections)

What would then would your voting option read john?

PS Polls are always skewed (even the elections)
If you're testing the water, why not a simple alternative to yes I own one, such as No I don't own one ,then maybe there'll be fewer abstentions which are usually taken as no votes ,not only to ownership but to the very idea of such a hive :)
John Wilkinson

Because that is boring.

So ,like the hive in question ,the poll is for amusement only :).

Sorry for being a boring old F**t :svengo:. I did think the object was market research not levity!. Although the appearance of the hive is quite funny :spam:

John Wilkinson

so....as of Tuesday 22/09, the total Nays = 15, but the combined total of owners, planners and considering =17....interesting stuff in indeed. I am not going to say the ayes have it as that will probably bring a huge amount of criticism and claims I am manipulating statistics. However it does show there is interest and that is great.

S

However it does show there is interest and that is great.
Not So ,If I had voted I would be classed as a nay! (but the only alternative to an aye is an over the top option ) Typical of the skewed questionaire loved by statisticians . Give 3 alternatives slanted towards the required result against 1 ridiculous option ignored by the opposition. Don't forget, an abstention is likely to be a nay vote! :).

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back