Poll of beehaus owners, present or future

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own or plan to own a Beehaus

• Yes I own one

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I plan to become an owner soon

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Never, not even if after the nuclear war only beehaus and cockroaches are left

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I might consider buying one in the future

Votes: 21 35.6%

• Total voters
You're welcome to a lift if you need one - Mrs F and I are going to the one that starts at 14.00 and we live nearby.

PM me, or we'll see you there :)

I already own two Dartingtons, so do I want another, a plastic one? No

Would I ever consider one? Well, yes if the price was right and they were proven to be beneficial over and beyond my wooden ones. The price would have to a lot less, too.

I can make a Dartington for about a ton + frames, or less if I can get large enough pieces of 18mm ply and some nail-free softwood. I don't count my time, or cost in my power tools (radial saw and planer, basically). Only need a power saw or a router to be able to make them accurately by a DIYer. I only spend my free time making them, so that is cheap.

Rae's post re extras required demonstrates how they are even less inviting to me.

I can alter/repair/modify my wooden ones. I can easily insulate them to a higher standard than the beehaus if I wish to.

I think I will give the poll a wide berth. As John says, it is skewed. I would always consider one. But almost certain rejection would be my decision after due consideration - as is/was the case. The price was too prohibitive to consider any merits it might have.

I would want to know whether I could sit National supers on it, as well. Those plastic supers look to me to be a potential operational pain (most certainly are, on the wooden version). Then I would not need the lid.

Maybe I will buy a body and legs, one day.......

Regards, RAB

(pnkemp, going to Somerford's taster course on Saturday)

You're welcome to a lift if you need one - Mrs F and I are going to the one that starts at 14.00 and we live nearby.

PM me, or we'll see you there :)

Firegazer, I appreciate the offer :), but I'll be screaming off to mid Wales straight afterwards to camp with a friend who's halfway down the Offa's Dyke trail, so I shall pass. See you Saturday!

Pete K

Latest posts

Back