• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Polish Poly Hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read this there :
Prices in English internet shop are in Euro. They include 22% VAT. While exporting goods we use 0%VAT and distribution profit.

I got a reply and it is about £38.00 inc tax for shipping for a crate of 30 Kilo
For a pallet i have to give post code for price.
How heavey is a poly hive and parts ?
Any one have any idea how much in parts 30 kg would get?

I got a reply and it is about £38.00 inc tax for shipping for a crate of 30 Kilo
For a pallet i have to give post code for price.
How heavey is a poly hive and parts ?
Any one have any idea how much in parts 30 kg would get?

Guessing its air freight charged at minimum 30 kilo's which may be the same as hand luggage?

Weights of Lang poly hive parts are in Kilo's

Hive Cover 0,9
Hive Feeder 1,3
Medium Body 3/4 full moulded 1,2
LS Body 1/1 full moulded 1,6
Dadant/Jumbo Body fullmoulded 2,0
Bottom Board 0,9

Listed on Swienty website.

i have used lysons many times and the are very good to order with, they have stores all over the european main land and the nearest one is over in poland which was a 17 hour drive, we used to take a caravan on holiday and spend two days getting there have a nice holiday in germany / poland and fill the caravan up and drive home. we went over there in september last year and came back with 6,000 frames and wax foundations, it cost us have the uk prices and that includes the travel costs, but dont forget we paided no vat on the import either, customs officers are to busy looking for booze and fags not bee frames

I will go through there store latter and see what i look the look of.
Thanks for the info :)

...dont forget we paided no vat on the import either, customs officers are to busy looking for booze and fags not bee frames

Won't you have paid VAT at source (Polish VAT) unless you have a valid UK VAT number?

Probably best not to enquire too closely. Poland, as part of the EU, must charge VAT to anyone from the EU who is not VAT registered. They can only charge a zero rate for sales outside the EU.

you do pay tax , there end. or this is what there email has said.

Anyone bought a hive from these guys? I'm concerned that they may not be high density polystyrene.

http://www.lyson.com.pl/lang_en/k440_polystyrene-beehives-and-elements.html

49 euros for a Langstroth is very tempting...

I've toyed with the idea of importing some but as a beginner feel rather doubtful about the non sustainability of polystyrene. I imagine that they are high density as an article (in Polish) on their site claims that a Polish scientist invented them in the late 60's in response to a "polemic" about moving away from insulated twin wall Langs as in common use in Poland and towards a lighter single walled hive. They go on to claim that hives produced by him in the early 70s are still in use and that their hives will last from 30 to 40 years.

I did speak with them last year and they were talking about using a carrier - there are a number of small van carriers travelling from Poland. They wanted to know how many I would buy in order to work out a price but |I did'nt take it any further at the time.

As regards the price, they've got a promotion on from August - buy 6 and pay for 5 !! However, that's on their Polish language site so if you decide to buy ask them if the discount would apply to an export order.

Probably best not to enquire too closely. Poland, as part of the EU, must charge VAT to anyone from the EU who is not VAT registered. They can only charge a zero rate for sales outside the EU.

If you have a valid UK VAT number and buy items from a vendor in an EEC member country .. the vendor doesn't charge you VAT.

Has any-one bought from http://bijenhof.e-motions.be/cataloog/level1.aspx?lang=E

I am off to Belgium in November, and thought there poly hives may be a good 'tide me over' while I save up for a new national or other hive...plus hubby will owe me a silver anniversary present....

Hi Queens59,

There are poly hives in Devon, you know.

Nothing with frames that fit your hive.

Exterior hive parts are less likely to be interchangeable with other makes.

Everywhere seems to be cheaper than the UK.

Regards, RAB

Yep I know, but trying to get other half to part with money is easier when we are away, and I can do the...where's my present thing!! I might just go with bits and pieces instead, but while I was there just wondered...

After 5 weeks of waiting and numerous emails, I finally got a reply back from Thomasz Lyson to say my order is on its way. My payment was over looked and they had a company holiday.... Not sure what will happen about VAT yet.

Update to follow when it arrives.

Latest posts

Back