Please Help with severe allergy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not strictly a repellant...

a concentrated sugar solution (~50%) positioned over 100 yds away from you and the flowers you wish to inspect

Skin so Soft hand cream by Avon. Apparently it's used by the armed forces.
It work's for mozzies and horse flies but not bee's..i was getting tortured by bee's last week for some reason and so was my lady friend and sister.. the skin so soft made no difference.. apart from make me smell nice.. lol

We keep a fair few bees so getting the odd sting is inevitable. a couple of years ago I got a sting on the chest just wearing a T-shirt at home, within a couple of mins my hands were covered in whelts and I was itching all over.

Didn't have any breathing problems, but did get a bit agitated. Took two Piriton which calmed things down. Went to see the doctor who said I'd had a mild systemic reaction to the sting.

He said I should carry an Epipen when working bees, and if stung take TWO Piriton.

Interestingly he said the Epipen won't save your life, just buys you some time.... about 5 mins !

I asked about de-sensitisation, he said a waste of time, doesn't work in most cases and a lot of people die whilst undertaking the course, even under strict medical supervision.

So, that's my story and experience, obviously been stung since and the Piriton seems to keep things under control.

I would think of getting a new Doctor!

Latest posts

Back