Pimp my hive!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brosville

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
A perfect sunny morning was enjoyed in a Sussex garden (light breeze, Agnus Dei thundering out of the (solar powered) shed sound system)- and I was able to finish "pimping my hive" :biggrinjester:

pimp.jpg

I tend to squirrel things away on the theory that "it'll come in useful one day" - and when I needed waterproof coating for the roof of my new bait hive, my eyes lit upon the checker plate (50p from a boot fair) -so the whole thing stands me in at about a fiver!....

Blingtastic. That is a serious gansta hive.

Well done.

Hey Brosville

so the whole thing stands me in at about a fiver!....

You could have bought a new one for that kind of money. lol

Da ive gotta be unda lit electric blue ,yeah !!.

John Wilkinson

expecting armour piercing woodpeckers? LOL!

I'm not into top bar hives but that one's smart enough to almost tempt me.

Brilliant effort!

A perfect sunny morning was enjoyed in a Sussex garden (light breeze, Agnus Dei thundering out of the (solar powered) shed sound system)- and I was able to finish "pimping my hive" :biggrinjester:

pimp.jpg

I tend to squirrel things away on the theory that "it'll come in useful one day" - and when I needed waterproof coating for the roof of my new bait hive, my eyes lit upon the checker plate (50p from a boot fair) -so the whole thing stands me in at about a fiver!....
Our association purchased some hives from a retiring beekeeper"
They were national, the roofs being clad in copper sheet to the same pattern as yours .
The roofs didn't need strapping down but handling them required the deployment of a hernia truss :biggrinjester:
They were phased out for being too heavy .
Thinks :conehead:, I wonder where they're stored ??
Must be worth more than we paid for the coloniies :drool5:.

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back