Pigs anyone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted two, but never had the space for them, also SWMBO says I can't have them in the garden.

We had seven landrace x large white recently, they cost around £25 as weaners, and luckily enough we had an agreement that we could have all bruised, damaged and unsold fruit and veg from a local supplier for nothing, which kept the bags of food needed low.
When they went to slaughter they all weighed around 300 Kg, so as you can imagine there was a lot of pork.
It was £30 each for slaughter and £30 each for butchering, where every kilo of the pork was accounted for (we had issues previously with a butcher keeping half the meat). The butchering was fantastic and all vacuum sealed etc, sausages were included - it was fantastic and even commercial breeds of pigs taste fantastic when fed on the right grub.

Not now, but this was landras x piatren..
Smoke it, dry it, eat it..
:)

Wow ... they look just lovely ... brings back a few memories. Spicy real food by the looks of it Goran ! Do you have recipes ?

I really liked ćevapčići as well and in those days there were always stalls at night selling them ...

For recipe.. Best time - in winter when preparing.. But nothing special, hot and sweet paprika, garlic, pepper... But some here jealously keep their own recipe..

Ćevapčići, well these days.. For weekend it is now as ordinary on grill, until we get bored with them..

Latest posts

Back