Pictures of your hives and where you keep them..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two (sometimes three) of mine in a space behind the shed at the bottom of the garden. About 6x8 ft max. Having it flagged helped. Plenty of space for regular manipulations but AS gets a bit tricky (hence the vertical jobby in the foreground!)

Sorry perhaps I should rephrase that, I don't mean what town you keep them in just the kinda space you keep them in? Eg. Back yard- roof top- behind the shed.
Just trying to gauge how much working space around the hive people have?

I keep mine behind the Shard, (not the shed !) Not much space...but at least I don't have to worry about them being stolen!

View attachment 8587

More pictures of the Apiary in the Gallery of my blog at www.apis.gb.com

I have two (sometimes three) of mine in a space behind the shed at the bottom of the garden. About 6x8 ft max. Having it flagged helped. Plenty of space for regular manipulations but AS gets a bit tricky (hence the vertical jobby in the foreground!)

Any manipulation would be tricky judging by the photograph... I'd need to stand horizontally to inspect ...

View attachment 8592

This a couple of weeks ago . The stack of supers is much smaller having been distributed across the hives

VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nice wouldnt want to sit in that chair thou

Here's mine - The last one is the spare or 'overflow' apiary - they main site is the other side of the hedge now with stuff ready for any A/S's (and some manky old comb which is right now drawing the attention of the odd scout - funny because I thought bob a job was abolished now!) Can someone tell me how do i get those nice sideways shots on the camera? :biggrinjester:

:eek::eek:
Here's mine - The last one is the spare or 'overflow' apiary - they main site is the other side of the hedge now with stuff ready for any A/S's (and some manky old comb which is right now drawing the attention of the odd scout - funny because I thought bob a job was abolished now!) Can someone tell me how do i get those nice sideways shots on the camera? :biggrinjester:

Lie on your side .... after 9 pints of Guinness it should come naturally ! :eek::eek:

:eek::eek:

Lie on your side .... after 9 pints of Guinness it should come naturally ! :eek::eek:

Gin is quicker, better tasting, less fattening and places less strain on the bladder.

This is one of my apiaries. Not all the hives are my hives its a shared allotment site apiary with one other beekeeper at present but I tend to do all the work to keep it up to scratch, but as I dont have an allotment on this site right now I can hardly complain.

Latest posts

Back