Pictures of your hives and where you keep them..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cox

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I've got friend who has a space about 3ft by 6ft backing directly on to fields and open country at the bottom of a long garden, he would like to keep a hive there.

So out of interest and possibly reassuring him....
As the tile.

Sorry perhaps I should rephrase that, I don't mean what town you keep them in just the kinda space you keep them in? Eg. Back yard- roof top- behind the shed.
Just trying to gauge how much working space around the hive people have?

Sorry perhaps I should rephrase that, I don't mean what town you keep them in just the kinda space you keep them in? Eg. Back yard- roof top- behind the shed.

Enough room to put a roof down and pile supers on top when doing an inspection... Not a great deal needed
So 3ft x 6ft flat & firm should be OK....

I've got friend who has a space about 3ft by 6ft backing directly on to fields and open country at the bottom of a long garden, he would like to keep a hive there.

So out of interest and possibly reassuring him....
As the tile.

You could put one hive in that space but when doing an AS you will need to do it vertically.

Mine are tucked away in a little corner at the top of the garden as well (sorry, this photo was taken in winter!) if things get a bit cramped I move some to my second apiary - halfway up the garden! :D

Look alittle like my garden! Ill post pics of mine next week when I get my hives in place.

Mine are tucked away in a little corner at the top of the garden as well (sorry, this photo was taken in winter!) if things get a bit cramped I move some to my second apiary - halfway up the garden! :D

MI5 requested I don't show any pictures on the grounds of national security and I might offend people who hate cows.

Edit

The picture of the possible sight looks fine.. Is it very shaded? Bees really like some sun - especially to wake them up. I keep beside a box hedge about 1 meter away with no problems..

:) no I'd say it gets pretty of sun.... Thanks

MI5 requested I don't show any pictures on the grounds of national security and I might offend people who hate cows.

Edit

The picture of the possible sight looks fine.. Is it very shaded? Bees really like some sun - especially to wake them up. I keep beside a box hedge about 1 meter away with no problems..

tell him to sever that ivy on the tree or it will eventually pull it over.

I've been told that bees don't bother livestock much, is that not the case?

M

Back