Photo Program ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom Bick

Lots of excellent photographs on the forum so I wonder if anyone can help me with this.

I am looking for a program that can make a photo on my computer look like it is pinned to a notice board with a bit of shading so that the photo looks as though it is fixed with a drawing pin or even if the photo has a slight bend

If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be a great help.

"The Gimp" - tragic name, brilliant programme!:coolgleamA:

Is'nt the gimp a nice linux program or is there a windees version. I use paint shop pro for my windows editor.

I wish my main comp would not overheat so much so I can test out the ubunto install on it.

Baggy

They do a version for umpteen operating systems, including Windoze, Mac and Linux - I struggled for years with Photoshop having found it singularly the most un-intuitive bit of software ever devised, and eventually gave up in disgust - in comparison, The Gimp is far easier to use and still a very capable and powerful programme! (and has the decency to be FREE!):cheers2:

The other two imaging programmes worth a mention for Windoze users are "Picasa" (free from Google) - very good for cataloguing your images, and features some simple to use "point and click" imaging manipulation features, and "Irfan View", a beautiful bit of programming, lean, mean and very fast, but needs a bit of savvy to use...........

isn't it amazing how people differ :)

I personnally prefer Photoshop to the Gimp, I actually un-installed it last week because it either took me ages to do simple adjustments or it didn't seem to do what I wanted. so I'm back to PS

Tom, Photoshop is the definitive program and I swear by at rather than at it, Pricey though at £400 plus for CS4. Have a look at Photoshop Elements (v7), will probably do most of what you want to in this post and all the things you didn,t even know you wanted to do! R

Thanks for the help and the replies sorry Rosti Photoshop although is perhaps worth having its a bit to steep for me at £400.
I found this site and it works well and is pretty much what I was looking for although I had to pay a few quid to remove the water mark http://www.shapecollage.com/

Hi Tom
I use Helecon Filter as its free to download. Have a bitchers and see if you could use it There is also Helecon Focus for stacking. Both are free to download.

Hi Tom
I use Helecon Filter as its free to download. Have a bitchers and see if you could use it There is also Helecon Focus for stacking. Both are free to download.

thanks for that heads up, I've been meaning to give focus stacking a try for quite some time now

What I want is to investigate RAW compression for storage. In spite of best part of six months off photography late last year/early this and b*gger all time now, I still have TB of initial-edit photos. One gripe with PS Elements is the tagging hassles with the mac version. Can't go back to Windoze now. Elements does almost everything you could want...some of the posh PS processes just need to be tackled differently and so much cheaper.

Latest posts

Back