Photo, Bee with propolis.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is she stuck in it lol, I didn't know they carried it on their legs, thought they ate it then :puke: it back up? IDK, I haven't got that far with my book yet ;)

Great pic though

She wasnt stuck was was not finding it easy to walk about..

If you look closely you can see that she has a ball of the stuff ready to put on her leg.

She has been backwards and forwards most of the afternoon..

looks like toffee :D ......bee toffee is what I will refer to it as from now on. I have my own names for all sorts of stuff lol, bees don't forage.....they snuffle

looks like toffee :D ......bee toffee is what I will refer to it as from now on. I have my own names for all sorts of stuff lol
Nah! Treacle and toffee steam pud...

might be tempted to try a bit...pretty sure it won't taste like toffee :ack2:

:eek:

Here Kaz,
From wikipedia:

"Old beekeepers recommend a piece of propolis kept in the mouth as a remedy for a sore throat. "

You`ll have to ask Hivemaker if it works ;)

might be tempted to try a bit...pretty sure it won't taste like toffee :ack2:

:eek:

It has the texture of toffee but tastes like it smells and is a b...... to get off your teeth, better if you suck instead of chew.

I know this because I keep a lump in my car for smelling and just tasted it.:ack2:
Don't do it!
Cazza

Last edited:
If you look closely you can see that she has a ball of the stuff ready to put on her leg.

She has been backwards and forwards most of the afternoon..

bet you'd find out how good a fit your dentures are if you have any..

Bit young for those yet, might be useful for shutting a few people up though....here, have some of this delicious treacle toffee :reddevil:

Last year I spent ages watching one of my bees taking propolis off an eke stacked away after apiguard treatment. It was fascinating to watch.

I posted a video on here of it at the time.

Si.

Back