pesticides in wax etc.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
07 April 2010, 16:30:00
The most recent research report studying declines in honey bee populations studied the amounts of agricultural pesticides found in hundreds of samples of pollen, wax , royal jelly, honey and bees taken from hundreds of beehives – some were from sick colonies, others weren't sick. The results are pretty scary.

Importantly, the results also show the amounts and kinds of beekeeper applied pesticides found in those hundreds of samples taken from these same beehives. These results may be even scarier. That beekeepers have made matters worse trying to make matters better is a conundrum we'll explore next time, but for now, know that they have.

The hundreds of colonies sampled were in a variety of locations, and were in included in a variety of ongoing studies. Some samples were taken from apiaries that had no symptoms of colony collapse disorder. Some were declining from or already dead from colony collapse disorder. Others were taken from a study of a migratory operation moving on the east coast during a series of pollination jobs on several crops, while others were taken from a particular apple orchard pollination study. Some samples were taken from beeswax foundation sheets... those used by beekeepers to guide their bees in comb-building, and are purchased from suppliers and put in new or rebuilt frames. This is a whole different disaster, but it comes from the same set of villains and heroes.

Not sure if thid has been posted before?
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/SmartStaxCornCorporateWarOnBees.php

Last edited:
I don't think that this and similar articles can be given too much exposure - it firmly underlines the massive cover-up that is going on by the purveyors of poisons.
For too long "natural beekeepers" have been portrayed as some kind of dangerous out-of-step nutters for daring to suggest that there may be problems with widespread use of insecticides - that the association that supposedly supports beekeepers accepts donations from "icides" companies, and then lobbies strongly to deny any possible connection is frankly criminal, and should be treated as such........
I firmly believe that bees are the canaries in our coalmine, and we are receiving a loud warning that "icides" and factory farming are one of the horsemen of our collective imminent eco-apocalypse

not sure how true it is but i heard at a local meeting a few weeks ago that it is now almost imposible to by foundation that does not contain some form of contamination.!

Before we go off the deep end here.

WHERE were these samples taken that you are referring to Bcrazy?

If the answer includes China and the US then there is nothing new here at all.

A certain large producer of foundation in the UK had the finger well pointed at it for using Chinese wax which was found to be lets say kindly not entirely pure some number of years ago.

Whether they still use it I have no idea.

I seem to remember a long running debate on Bee-L regarding if bees actually utilise maize at all. There certainly were two schools of thought.

PH

The more natural wax you can get into your hives/brood area the better, you nether know you might regress your bees to a more natural cell size as well.:hurray::hurray:

Latest posts

Back