Pear and honey cider/presecco

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
86 + nucs/ mini nucs
Hi, we have a glut of apples and pears and I would like to make some presecco using honey does anyone have a recipe?
Or suggestions where to look, I have been looking on the net to no avail.
Thanks
Mark.

Do you mean cyser?
Prosecco is made from grapes.
I have a mate who makes a lot and he recommends this recipe
If you want fizz don’t kill the yeast before bottling, add a slurp of honey and wire the cork. Make sure you use a proper pressure resistant bottle.
Do not use a flavourful honey as that’s all you will taste. OSR would be ideal
https://www.thebeveragepeople.com/how-to/wine/making-cyser.html

Do you mean cyser?
Prosecco is made from grapes.
I have a mate who makes a lot and he recommends this recipe
If you want fizz don’t kill the yeast before bottling, add a slurp of honey and wire the cork. Make sure you use a proper pressure resistant bottle.
Do not use a flavourful honey as that’s all you will taste. OSR would be ideal
https://www.thebeveragepeople.com/how-to/wine/making-cyser.html
Thanks dani, champagne bottles I have.
I don't have any osr honey, but clover, lime ish, vetch.

IMG_20210914_225847.jpgstarted some cyser this evening found this recipe in the book I use for wine making, what a num nuts asking for recipes when they were in my book all along.

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_220253.jpg
    IMG_20210914_220253.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
Sampling some of last years plum wine and racking blackberry cyser, more plum wine, blackberry, runner bean and raisins, blackberry +apple and gorse flower.
Excuse the plastic beaker the plum in the photo is medium sweet and around 12-15% vol rather nice and one will sleep well tonight.IMG_20211004_180533.jpg

Wow, did you say it was last years? We always make something with the elderflower.
Sampling some of last years plum wine and racking blackberry cyser, more plum wine, blackberry, runner bean and raisins, blackberry +apple and gorse flower.
Excuse the plastic beaker the plum in the photo is medium sweet and around 12-15% vol rather nice and one will sleep well toni
Excuse the plastic beaker the plum in the photo is medium sweet and around 12-15% vol rather nice and one will sleep well tonight.View attachment 28620

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back